M2S Systems have recently designed and delivered two Collective Protection (ColPro) systems to a UK Category 1 Emergency Responder which made up part of a five system capability. The system headline designs are:
- The tent design had to withstand constant wind speed of 60mph (100kph) with gusts up to 80mph (130kph). The tent design was undertaken in collaboration with a structural design company and then tested within a controlled environmental chamber, which M2S successfully passed.
- The whole tented system had to be built at hurricane wind conditions, this meant writing and training a safe system of deploy.
- The tents had to interface with ISO containers providing tight environmental seals as well as good over pressure seals to minimise air leakage across system.
- The design required Contamination Control Area (CCA) comprising of a two stage decontamination process, stage one for damping the PPE suits to prevent contaminate becoming airborne during the first undress phase and stage two providing personal hygiene showers with a final check area to ensure all contamination has been removed. The design has controlled removal and storage of all contaminated water.
- Over pressure airlocks allowing safe movement into the Toxic Free Area (TFA), fitted with a traffic light system for safe entry and exit.
- The TFA had to hold at a constant pressure both in low and high wind conditions, M2S provided all system pressure calculations.
- The TFA provided rest areas, welfare areas, command and control plus a preparation area for personnel to put on their PPE before exiting the TFA into the surrounding contaminated working environment.
The complete design underwent rigorous testing by the client and end user to meet or exceed the requirements set within the Statement of Works. M2S were pleased we passed all test criteria set by the customer and successfully delivered on time the only current UK operational ColPro system.
‘We passed all test criteria set by the customer and successfully delivered on time the only current UK operational ColPro system.’
For more information on our Colpro systems or tent designs please contact Stuart Adamson.